Click here for a downloadable PDF.
Building Community with Families
- Send a welcome post card to the family at the beginning of the year (It can be digital).
- Have a family member complete a digital form at the beginning of the year asking them for their preferred way to communicate.
- Create a monthly digital newsletter to send to families.
- Call families once a quarter with positives.
- Text a photo of the child in their learning environment Item.
- Plan monthly Family/Student activities.
- Have students interview their families about a topic.
- Invite a family member to make a guest read aloud video.
- School calendars.
- Daily agendas.
- Office hours for homework help.
- Classroom expectations.
- A list of websites students can interact with during the summer or as an extension to their learning.
- Inform families about digital learning during back to school nights, via emails, digital newsletters, and your website.
- Explain how digital learning allows students to work at their own pace and meet standards.
- Explain how digital learning allows for personalized learning.