These tips were originally published on May 20, 2020. Click here for a downloadable PDF.
Locating & Importing Content
Step 1 Create New Canvas Course
● Use web browser to log into Canvas LMS.
● Select Courses from the Global Navigation.
● Click on All Courses if Dashboard is in Card View.
● Click on +Course or Create a Workroom.
● Follow the prompts to Name and Save new course.
Step 2 Search for Content
●Navigate to Canvas Commons located on the Global Navigation Menu.
Use the filters and search bar function to locate course content.
Pro Tip: Canvas Commons includes Open Sourced content. Be sure to review the course content for accuracy before deploying.
Step 3 Import Content
●Select the Import/Download button.
Click on the checkbox next to the Course or Workroom name created in Step 1.
● Select the Import into Canvas Course button.
Pro Tip: Review and change assignment due dates. Personalize the content to meet classroom needs.